NDD has a range of excavation and trenching machinery available to suit the needs of any excavation project.
We can make source excavators ranging from 1.5 to 30 t. A range of fitted attachments gives our excavators excellent flexibility. NDD excavators are compact in design and with rubber padded tracks are suitable for inner city works.
Excavation in construction is any operation in which earth, rock, or other material in or on the ground is moved or otherwise displaced by means of tools, equipment, or explosives, and includes earthwork, trenching, wall shafts, tunneling and underground work. High-risk obligations apply to excavations with a depth greater than 1.5 metres.
Benefits of our excavators:
- Zero swing excavators are suitable for restricted and high density work sites •
- Large and extensive range of bucket sizes to suit all applications •
- Rock hammer and augers with a range of sizes from 300mm through to 900mm and extension to auger to a depth of 6m •
- Bucket changes are quickly completed •
- Flexible to lift, position & lower pipe strings into trenches
Hazards associated with excavation work:
Without careful planning and management, an excavation site can be hazardous to all persons in the vicinity of the construction work. NDD are excavation specialist and take particular care in regards to issues like:
- The depth of the excavation
- Nature of the strata (soil variations creating the potential for the sides to collapse)
- Fractures or faults
- The presence of water (from other sources)
- Exposure to wet weather
- Any load close to the edge of the zoned of influence
- The exposure time
- Any previous disturbance
- Adjoining buildings
- Adjacent excavations
- Vibration which may increase the potential to collapse
- The presence of existing underground services
- Chemical gases